Redesigns can be risky.
There’s a lot more to a redesign than design. The first step is determining if there’s risk in redesigning your website. To do that, use our risk calculator to find out how much revenue you risk losing.
The calculator will give you one of two outcomes:
- You risk losing a significant amount of revenue
- You risk losing a very little amount of revenue
If your site will lose very little revenue then you have a different problem: generating more value from your existing website. Low risk means your website is doing very little for your business.
If you have significant revenue at risk then continue reading this page. If you’re unfamiliar with the process, feel free to get comfortable with the initial phases.
- Understand the website’s strengths and weaknesses
- Communicate how to preserve the strengths to the design team while improving weaknesses
- Provide feedback on designs and development site to ensure it does not harm the website’s ability to generate sales for the business
- Provide final checks before launch to ensure the technical milestones are met
How we help in the early stages of your relaunch
Data & analytics setup
We help gather clean website data so you can base redesign decisions on accurate information. This is done through installation of analytics scripts on your website and gathering of data over a period of time.
Initial website audit
The website audit has multiple purposes including:
- Setting a performance baseline to compare changes to
- Finding strengths and weaknesses with the current website
- Mapping out your existing SEO data for migration purposes
- Clarifying which pages are important and which ones are junk
Our audit is very thorough, having 383 steps, and results in a 20-25 page document that will be reviewed with you on a phone call.
We can lead your redesign project or advise your team on:
- Your request for proposal document
- Vetting designers and developers
- Providing input on design layouts during the design process
- Managing the design and development process
- Advising on content platforms and migration
- Maintaining existing SEO
- Improving SEO
This is a shorter website audit that checks for common problems prior to launching the new website. It is the last thing performed before launching the site.
If your designer or developer is unable to launch your website, we can help get your new website live.